The Parks Committee decided in April 1942 that portions of several parks, including Belle Vue, "be set aside for the duration of the war and a reasonable time thereafter for allotment purposes."
Allotments were put down at the south-east end of the park, adjacent to Cardiff Road. These can be seen on an aerial photograph dated 19th May 1947 and also on one dated 12th May 1951. They were not present on a photograph dated 10th March 1955, which shows the area having been returned to parkland.
Sources of Information