Crindau Park seems never to have had a bandstand or stage for concert performances but after the war it was included in the Council's programmes for summer entertainments. In the 1949 season recorded music was broadcast on two afternoons and four evenings each week.
In the 1950s children's entertainments were provided during Whit Week and August. Summer enterainments for children were still being provided in the 1960s. It was reported that 4,650 children and 1,560 adults attended the children's entertainment in the parks during August 1965. This continued into the 1970s. Having heard that 2,280 children and 946 adults attended children's entertainment in the parks in August 1970, the Leisure Services Committee agreed that £150 be allocated for the engagement of children's entertainers during August 1971.
By the end of the 1970s conventional children's entertainments held in the parks were being replaced by summer holiday play schemes and adventure playgrounds. For 1981 an entertainment programme was approved, including concerts, band concerts, children's entertainment and events at Tredegar House Counntry Park and John Frost Square.
Sources of Information