The Parks Committee visited the park in June 1934 and agreed that swings and other amusements for children would be provided. In April 1935 the Committee decided to purchase two sets of four swings each and some see-saws for the children's playground. In the following July it was reported that children's games equipment was being erected in part of the recent extension to the park.
The playground was not moved to the extension until after the war.
Sources of Information