The Parks Committee agreed in September 1921 to construct two tennis courts at a total cost of £250. The courts were opened 3rd August 1922, hence the limited income in that year. Receipts from tennis in 1922 amounted to £9-3-3.
In July 1923 the Parks Committee agreed to provide a water supply immediately to the tennis courts and also to provide a drinking fountain. In December the Committee accepted a tender for construction of a tennis pavilion and public shelter, the successful tender being £797 from Mr J. H. Williams. In January 1929 the Parks Committee decided that the men's side of the tennis shelter could be used as a dressing room for cricketers.
In September 1947 a tender was accepted from En Tout Cas Co., Ltd. for construction of two hard tennis courts at Crindau Park. In 1949 En-Tout-Cas was awarded another tender to convert one grass court to hard court.
Sources of Information