Parks Committee minutes refer to the tennis courts not being open until the 12th June 1920.
The tennis courts were north of the bowling green and alongside the railway line. They appear on OS maps from the 1930s to 1970s inclusive.
Receipts from tennis in 1922 amounted to £50-5-4.
In September 1947 a tender was accepted from En Tout Cas Co., Ltd. for conversion of two grass courts to hard courts. It was agreed in 1949 to provide two additional hard tennis courts.
Sources of Information