In September 1932 during a visit of inspection the Parks Committee decided that a miniature golf course be constructed in the Recreation Ground at an estimated cost of £125. The following month preparations were underway for the construction of the putting green and for this purpose it was agreed that temporary fencing be placed behind the children's playground.
In March 1933 it was agreed that the fee for playing on the miniature golf course would be 4d per person per round. The Parks Committee agreed to invite the Mayor to open the course on the 6th May 1933 at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
The golf course was still present in 1953.
Sources of Information