Tennis

In December 1930 it was reported to the Parks Committee that quotations had been accepted for the equipment for the tennis courts.[1]

In June 1931 it was agreed that a water supply should be installed in the tennis courts pavilion.[2]

There were six courts in existence in the mid 1980s, and the Leisure Services Committee decided that these be resurfaced during the 1986/87 financial year.[3]

Sources of Information

  1. Newport County Borough Council Parks and Cemeteries Committee 19th December 1930
  2. Newport County Borough Council Parks and Cemeteries Committee 19th June 1931
  3. Newport Borough Council Leisure Services Committee 3rd April 1986